The RoboSats trade pipeline is straightforward and streamlined. The general order flow when making and taking orders is laid out below in numerical steps and in a flowchart.
Order Flow in Numerical Steps
Alice wants to buy Sats privately. This is step-by-step what happens when she buys using RoboSats:
- Alice generates an avatar (AdequateAlice01) using her private random token.
- Alice safely stores the token in case she needs to recover AdequateAlice01 in the future.
- Alice makes a new order and locks a small hold invoice to publish it (maker bond).
- Bob wants to sell Sats, sees Alice’s order in the book and takes it.
- Bob scans a small hold invoice as his taker bond. The contract is final.
- Bob posts the traded Sats with a hold invoice. While Alice submits her payout invoice.
- In a private chat, Bob tells Alice how to send him fiat.
- Alice pays Bob, then they confirm the fiat has been sent and received.
- Bob’s trade hold invoice is charged and the Sats are sent to Alice.
- Bob and Alice’s bonds return automatically, since they complied by the rules.
- The bonds would be charged (lost) in case of unilateral cancellation or cheating (lost dispute).
Order Flow in Flowchart
You can help improve this page!
Learn RoboSats is a joint effort of the RoboSats community. If you have used RoboSats before, you are already an expert! Help improve this documentation.